Every year I wait up till midnight for my birthday, this year is no exception. No particular reason, I guess I just sit and reflect my life so far. I am not going to lie, this is an end of an era, its the last year I will spend in my twenties, guess I am going to have to make it count!
So I decided to share a few lessons I have learn’t thus far in my life’s journey:
- The most fun nights will be the ones with your loved ones in PJs, or at home with friends and family, a bottle of wine and you cat or dog.
- Being Rude does not prove a point. Neither does being bitchy, giving dirty looks and pretending like you don’t know you do it and swearing. An excellent vocabulary proves a point.
- My brother means more to me now than ever before. He genuinely share my triumphs and failures. That kind of support is priceless.
- Hating your ex or ex’s is pointless as they no longer belong to you – good riddance I say!
- Treat people more gently, you really don’t know what they are going through at the time
- Don’t apologise for being you – have pride – always.
- I need to start travelling more and shopping less. Memories trump material items.
- Change is inevitable – embrace it – you will only become a better person for it, Imagine in ten years!
- I am at a point in my life where I can say I truly love myself, I am not conceited, I have no shame in admitting this.
- I believe in true love no matter what. Love is everything all at once right in the gut over and over again. This quote explains it all: “It is made up of laughing so hard you cry, embarrassing dance moves, nit-picking, arguments over who started the argument, kisses on the forehead, forgiveness, intimacy, fights, make-ups, home-cooked meals, vacations, anniversaries, pain, ups, downs and everything in between. But that look, that only the two of you share that says nothing and means everything, can still make you weak in the knees and vulnerable beyond measure.”
- Health is very important, now I know I am not exactly a role model in that respect but I have learn’t to respect my body. I will still enjoy some wine or the occasional fast food – all in moderation.
- Someone once told me that what you put out to the world is what you get back and I am a believer. I am also a strong believer in women supporting each other.
- Go out of your way to do something kind each day, weather it be greeting someone or letting someone in in traffic. The positive energy will do you wonders.
- I consider my time valuable, if you are wasting it I will need to end the pointless interaction.
- Forgiveness makes you stronger.
- I am now officially joining the “mile high” club, 30 year old’s are no longer ” old” and forty and older are not dinosaurs.
- Going clubbing really is not all that its cracked up to be – wise words to my younger self!
- If you do not add value in my life, I will make the conscious decision to not engage with you.
- Try not to judge anyone for the way they live their life.
- Your parents are precious, now is the time to mend relationships if need be.
- Look after your teeth, use floss, mouthwash and brush regularly, nothing is as beautiful as a smile.
- Some of your friends will get married early, some late and some not at all. Some will make a lot of money and some won’t. Some will have children and some will have none. Some will travel the world and others may never leave the country. There is a plan for all of us – be patient.
- I have fair skin and will never have natural sun kissed skin – I am ok with this. I also know how important it is no wear sunscreen and look after your skin.
- If you have been friends with someone for more than 10 years then you know that are in it till the end. These peoples children will become your nieces and nephews – they are family.
- Not having an opinion about something or passing comment is actually a sign of maturity and growth.
- Me time is very important, having a balanced lifestyle is the only way I am able to maintain a positive and effective mindset.
- Saying no is an important skill. It is one that allows us to protect our most precious resource: our time and energy – this is something I struggle with daily.
- Stress kills. Prioritise a plan to manage your stress levels.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!
On that note, life is just beginning, and to celebrate my birthday with you, I will be posting a giveaway in the next day or two. Stay tuned as I will announce it here and on my social media.
I would love to hear your thoughts.