Traveling is something I love doing and wish I had more time to do it. It’s basically the only thing I save money for (and food too I guess). Travelling gives you the opportunity to visit amazing locations, eat delicious food, meet new and interesting people, and see what life is like for people around the world. Normally Travelstart is my go to website to look for flights and luxurious packages that are tempting to say the least (I need to negotiate more annual leave – I hope my boss reads this!)
Travelling is truly good for the soul and here are 5 reasons why I say so:
- Enhances Perspective – Being away from home and your loved ones makes you appreciate what you have and how blessed you are. Being in your comfort zone for too long is not good a good thing. Travel has the ability to expand your mind in a way you never realised was possible, sometimes the challenges you face while travelling, things like language barriers or local transport gets you out of your comfort zone and you learn a lot about yourself and of course patience…lots of patience.
- Enriches your life – Travel is about making memories, creating new friendships, and so much more. The older you get the more you appreciate travel and trying new things along the way. If an opportunity arises, take it, make a plan to explore… Be adventurous and feed your soul with memories and good times.
- Helps with Stress and Boosts Mental Health – Taking yourself out of your daily routine and a change of scenery is the only way to relax. Having a holiday to look forward to is very rewarding. Taking on leisurely activities like walks on the beach and reading a book during what would be a normal work day is very good for your mind.
- Enhances Creativity – My day job is quite mentally challenging and I work demanding hours. I am not always in the best place mentally to want to be creative with my social media or my blog. Once your surroundings change and you feel more relaxed, the creativity just sparks. You are also exposed to so much beauty, it’s hard not to feel happy and want to snap away for the gram.
- Creates lifetime memories – Travelling makes a real impression on you, I love sitting around a table with friends and family and sharing my adventures. No matter how minor it may seem, the fact that you’ve had an experience, something that was out of the ordinary, it creates a memory that you will remember forever.
The benefits of traveling are not just a one-time thing, traveling changes you physically and mentally. Having limited funds or time isn’t a valid excuse. You can fly for cheap, you just need the right deal! If you have a full-time job and a family, you can still travel on the weekends or during holiday time.
What’s stopping you?
*This post was done in collaboration with Travelstart