It’s my Birthday month! For the first time in a long time I actually felt good and I woke up happy, sounds dramatic but I am not a fan of my birthday at all. Its’s not that I am scared of getting older, I just question the unknown.
I took the day off work (this is one of my sacred rules), I had brekkie with the family, i had a spa session and a mini staycation. The weekend was filled with friends, family and LAUGHTER – glorious laughter!
Usually when it gets to my birthday I know the year is practically over. So I am sharing a few things I have learn’t over the last 10 months.
- You cannot change people, no matter how much they frustrate you – in all areas of life.
- You really don’t miss much when you stay off Facebook for a month – except maybe product launches…
- Embrace change with your arms wide open (hint…hint). It forces yourself to grow.
- Simplify your life (this includes material items and people)
- Pamper yourself – more facials and me time!
- Always work hard and make time to play hard.
- Seek guidance – I have a mentor now. It was time.
- Diets suck, a healthy lifestyle is where its at. I need to make more time for gym and meal prep.
- Be grateful.
- Worrying is like a rocking chair – it gets you nowhere. You cannot change the unknown!
Obviously this is a list of things that I need to work on daily because I’m not perfect by any means & need daily reminders. It actually helps to write these reminders down!
What would you add to this?
Thank you for all the birthday messages, you all made my day!