It’s been a while since I have sat down and wrote a blog post and it feels really good getting back into the flow of things. I am not going to lie, 2017 has kicked my ass and not in a good way. I find myself loosing myself? I know that sounds dramatic but it’s true. My work life balance is not where its supposed to be and I just not able to maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle.
Not to mention that my birthday is looming which we all know how I feel about turning a year older. All these factors kind of wear me down I guess.
Th crazy thing is, life is fast paced and you either keep up or it takes over. The more I read about how many young adults suffer from depression and anxiety it really messes with my mind. I am not going to lie, writing this blog post is actually really therapeutic. What I do know is that i need to do more things that make me happy – basically love Vanessa more.
LUX also understands that as a woman you are often pulled in many directions – a mother, a sister, a friend, a lover, an entrepreneur. You need a product that can help you get through a whole day with confidence.
So here are a few things on my radar:
- Exercise daily (regularly) – I fell off the bandwagon as soon as autumn started but I am back, I actually went to the gym this morning even though it was one of the colder days we have had. Exercise calms me down and makes me feel good so I know I need to get into a better routine.
- Accept that you cannot change everything – This applies to my work life and my personal life but more so on the work front and I will leave this one here.
- Talk to someone – Now I have a tight group of friends which I appreciate dearly and who I know I can turn to for literally anything but this year i decided I needed some professional help so I sought out a mentor who often frustrates me because he is right way too often. But this person really knows how to break things down so that I am able to understand where my strengths and weaknesses lie. Its not an easy or quick process but definitely something I recommend if you feel your day to day leadership just does not cut it.
- Maintain a positive attitude – this is something I am still learning but a must as many things are not in our control.
- Get enough sleep – Gish i am a night owl, but this past weekend I really took sleep seriously and I now see the importance of having a good nights rest and how it impacts your mood and well being.
- Relax – Do things that make you relax, go for a walk, do yoga, listen to music, read a book or take a nice long bath, its something I really enjoy doing and it really helps when you have some lovely scented products to use. The LUX Tempting Whisper collection is perfumed body wash that is infused with Fragrance Pearls filled with the scent of wild peony and ylang ylang oil. These tiny capsules gradually release a scent designed to last up to 8 hours. I love how my skin feels after a bath and the way I smell.
- Smile – something I often forget to do, its simple and makes such a difference in the person that you are. At the end of the day we need to remember that life is short and we are in charge of our destiny, lets take this journey once step at a time, together.
If you are needing a referral to a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group, please can you call The South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) on 011 234 4837 or 0800 20 50 26 and speak to a trained counselor who can assist you further.
Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you do to recharge!
* These products were sent to me but this post is not sponsored.