Hello new year.
Welcome back to Absolute Vanessa for my first post of 2016.
Hope everyone had an amazing Festive season. Its that time of the year that we are all heading back to school/University/ work for a brand new adventure.
I took quite a long break in December and finally went back to work today. I am not always the most positive person at first but I made a conscious decision to not open my laptop and work in December. Guess what -its paid off. For the first time in a long time, I feel energised and ready for a new year and what it awaits. Now 2015 was great but 2016 is going to be so much better.
As I get older, I tend to realise just how important each day is and that there really is no time to be sad and down in the dumps. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not happy 24/7 but I am my own cheer leader and make sure I snap out of it if I am feeling down in the dumps about anything in my life (work, love and personal achievements included).
Here are a few tips I plan on focusing on this year which will keep me positive:
- Work /life balance: I need to learn to work my work hours and not take home work every single day – really not good for the soul.
- Breaking a healthy sweat: Hitting the gym at least 3 times a week even if it is for 30 minutes to release those feel good endorphins. Also accompanying this step with healthier food options goes a long way!
- Positive Surroundings: This is something I have been working on over the last couple of years. The people you surround yourself with truelly determine your quality of life. And I often say that “Life is too short”, so I keep my circle rather lean.
- Live in the moment: This is a difficult one but probably the most important. Speak your mind, follow your gut and tell someone you love them if that’s how you feel – life is short!
- Personal goals: Focus on your own goals because while you hate on other people they are achieving greatness.
My blog has definitely come a long way since I started blogging. Each year I look back at how much it has grown and I cannot help but feel proud. Another thing I am impressed with is the beginning of my YouTube channel ( more vlogs to come this year) and my success with Webfluential campaigns.
I couldn’t be more excited for the new year. I’m setting new goals, and there are fun things to come for Absolute Vanessa! I hope that you’ll share the journey with me in 2016 and continue to share all your lovely feedback.
Thank you for your support.