And just like that all the festivities are over and I am back at work. Firstly,I would just like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! It’s officially my first day back at work.
I am kind of sad, I mean, who doesn’t like a good holiday? I am definitely looking forward to an exciting year ahead. I had a lovely break, for the first time in a long time, I switched off my work phone completely, did not think of work at all. Basically reached all new levels of “chill” that I did not know existed. I spent a lot of time outdoors, caught up on series and books and de-clutter my house! Feels good to start a new year feeling this way.
I am not going to bore you with new years resolutions but I thought it would be really great to jot down some of my intentions/goals for this year.
Here are the three main areas of my life I will be focusing on:
This is both work and personal.
- I need to be more present when I am around friends and family – no phones!
- Get better at replying to my messages – this is no joke.
- Be more thoughtful and caring – I can me hard on others, especially when I am stressed or busy with my own life.
- Stop being so anti-social, get out there and meet new, interesting people.
- Make more time to see important people in my life.
- As you know, I had a health scare last year this time, I removed a mole which was diagnosed as skin cancer. I have been more aware of the sun and the damage it can cause. So I have stayed away from sun bathing but I still make an effort to enjoy the sunshine, making sure that I have a really good SPF of course.
- Body – I guess if I don’t type it then its not true right? I have changes my diet and have started doing regular exercise. I am not getting any younger, but its very important that i feel comfortable with my body, so here we go!
- Mind – I have started reading more regularly, you would be surprise how easy it is to sit and watch series for hours, instead of reading a good book which i used to love doing. I intend to read at least 1 book a month. Let me know if you have any recommendations.
- Try and not eat lunch at my desk while answering emails.
- Maintain a good work/life balance.
- Travel – Need I say more…
- Think more positively and be more positive.
- Be more spontaneous – I am a real granny at the best of times.
- Do more of what makes ME happy, I know this sounds easy but it really isn’t. It’s like there is not enough time in a day. I mean how quick did 2017 go by?
- Drink less Coca Cola and more H20!
- Practice more self love.
- As you know I am in the corporate world, I juggle a full time job and blogging which I found quite hard to juggle both last year. That will not be the case this year. I have started planning blog posts and sending our proposals to brands.
- Video/ YouTube – as scary as this sound, I would love to make my YouTube channel more active with possible vlogs ( eeeek, I take my hat off to those who do), hauls, tutorials, etc.
- Learn as much as possible, this year is going to be challenging, but nothing I cannot handle.
- Don’t let the “Girl Boss”pressure get to you , especially though social media, we all have a journey, some of us just might be taking a different route to get there!
- Learn more from influential colleagues, to help me grow myself.
- Ask for or pay for help and don’t feel guilty about it.
These are just a handful, What about you? any that you think I should add to this list?
I would also like to take the time to thank you for your support and here’s to the best year yet! Whatever it is that you want, make it yours – make this your year!