I cannot believe its November already, I will probably be saying that until Christmas! I am always intrigued by the deals that Happen in The USA, so it will be great to see how the SA brands take part this year.
Black Friday falls on 23 November this year and is the biggest shopping day of the year in many countries around the world.
I am going to include some tips in this post as I believe that people can get carried away – myself included, so here are just a few things to remember:
- Set a budget — It can be very easy to get carried away if you don’t set a spending limit for yourself. Even if something is heavily discounted it could still be outside your budget. Work out what you can afford to spend and stick to it.
- Do your research — Do your research beforehand if you have a particular purchase in mind; be prepared to shop around to get the best price. Have a figure in mind you are willing to spend, and check online for comparison prices.
- Consider how you’re paying — It can be a good idea to pay for items with your credit card because it can provide you with an extra layer of protection if things go wrong – but you should aim to pay it off any balance in full when payment is due. Don’t put yourself into debt.
- Know your rights — The Consumer Rights Act says goods should be of satisfactory quality, fit to do the job intended, and last a reasonable length of time. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product.
- Look long-term — In the run up to Christmas, many supermarkets put together deals where you are offered vouchers or bonuses for the festive season every time you shop, which you can then put towards Christmas shopping later down the line. You might well be offered loyalty bonuses on top of regular points too if you start saving early enough.
- Set up online accounts ahead of the big day- Get ready by signing up for online accounts with all the shops you might want to shop at. If you’re serious about bagging a bargain this Black Friday, store your details so you can get online fast without wasting precious time.
- Get stalking on social media – Make sure you’re following all the brands you might want to shop at come Black Friday on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to hear about offers or further discounts.
- Shop around – This may sound obvious, but it’s easy to get excited about a discount and fail to check if it’s cheaper elsewhere. Also don’t get soo wrapped up in the discounts that you shop on sites that are not secure, be careful of the Scumbags – Scammers!
Here are some of the brands that caught my attention!
- Clicks – Various specials online only. Sale Now on, click here!
- Pandora – Click here.
- Woolworths – Get up to 50% off selected fashion, beauty and homeware. Online only. Sale Now on, click here!
- Checkers https://www.checkers.co.za/black-friday.html
- Orms – From bags and lenses to drones and cameras, you’ll find all of the best Black Friday savings on Orms Direct now! Don’t forget that when you shop our Black Friday Deals online you stand the chance to WIN back what you spend to the value of R 10 000! Click here for more information.
- Retail Box – Up to 50% on certain brands like Moroccan Oil, Olaplex etc. Sale now on, click here.
- Travel Start – Travelstart’s Black Flyday sale is now on! Be quick to book amazing flight, accommodation, package and car hire offers or you could miss out on the travel sale of the year! R400 OFF INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS and R100 OFF DOMESTIC FLIGHTS. Click here.
- Superbalist -Between 60% and &0% on Clothing, shoes, fragrances and Interior. See more.
- Zando – Up to 90% off. Click here.
- Makro – BLACK 5 DAY is Makro’s take on Black Friday. Instead of just one day of deals, we’re giving you five days of unmissable savings. If you have any questions, check out here.
- Edgars – Exclusive deals, click here.
- Shoprite – Click here.
- Outdoorphoto – Shop the best Black Friday 2018 deals on cameras, lenses & accessories. Click here.
- Takealot – Black Friday Blue Dot Sale. Click here.
- Adidas – Black Friday deals here.
- MRP – Click here.
- MRP Home – Today only, click here.
- MAC Cosmetics – 25% off all orders online only. See more.