Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but its your choice whether you let it affect you or not.
And happy Monday, some of you might think I am crazy writing a “Happiness” post on a Monday and I completely understand that as I also have Blue Mondays. Like my quote above says – You always have a choice! I have always been my own cheerleader and I feel like the older I get the harder it gets to be happy every single day. Not because my life is bad but you do not have control of all circumstances in life. Also life does throw you curve balls now and again just to make sure you are awake!
I thought I would take the time to share 10 things with you that make ME happy:
- My Blog – writing this post reminds me just how much I love my little blog and how proud I am of it, I have had some of the most memorable opportunities and met some amazing people because of it. I have come a long way. This has always been my part time hobby and unfortunately every now and again I have to put it a side while I take care of life!
- Books – I am a such a bookworm, I love reading books, specifically self help books and Fantasy novels. I love that feeling you get when you buy a new book and it takes your mind on an adventure. It takes your mind off the real world! Self help books have the opposite effect, they bring you back to reality. I tend to switch from one genre to the other so I give my brain a break from life.
- Make-up – I buy way too much make-up and I have my friend Tanya to blame as she got me hooked a few years back. I love how make-up transforms your natural beauty and enhances it and how a bright lipstick changes your mood! I just love make-up!
- GYM – Going to the gym really gets my endorphins going and make me feel strong. I have decided to give special attention to by eating habits and my gym routine this winter, so that when summer arrives I feel like I deserve to take myself shopping!
- Coffee – My first coffee in the morning. I am not the biggest coffee drinker but my first cup is everything. Oh and I LOVE Starbucks to!
- Relaxing – I know this makes me sound old but I look forward to relaxing, getting home and taking a shower, putting on my comfy clothes, switching on some series or alternatively reading a book. Also nibbling on some chocolate #Guilty!
- Flowers – Flowers make me smile, especially roses. I love having fresh flowers in my home.
- Friends and family- Chatting to friends or family is something that no one can take away from you. whether it is done in person/over the phone or even Skype. Being able to tell someone about your day is something that I love doing. I tend to always call people on way way home from work.
- Cars – Driving fast cars or attending car races, its so exhilarating! I am secretly scared but it makes my heart happy. Also in my next life I will be a racing driver!
- Breakfast – Going for breakfast to a local trendy spot or discovering a new spot is something I enjoy doing with friends. Food and a good conversation – there is nothing better!
What makes you happy?